Nuts and Bolts.
Vanilla CMS relies on six database tables:
- Content Table - stores all pages and page data
- Sidebar Table - stores all sidebars and sidebar data
- User Table - stores all user data
- Configuration Table - stores the core system settings
- Smart Tags - stores custom smart tags
- Autosave Versions - stores autosaved content (and only content)
The configuration and smart tag tables consists of two simple all-purpose columns named 'variable' and 'value'. This means that you can add a new configuration variable or smart tag to the system at any point by simply adding a new row. The variable is of the 255 limit VARCHAR type and the value column is of the LONGTEXT type, more than enough data for new configuration settings and smart tags.
Last updated: 17/12/2009